Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ideas


This a going to be a post about love. So I don't blame you if you just skip over all the context and go straight to looking at the pretty pictures. I would. Because I'm not sure how much I understand it. I've been grappling with this concept forever it seems. I've grown up with love. I've seen my parents together, how they look at each other and how no matter how many years go by they keep getting stronger and stronger. I asked my mom how she knew she loved my dad. She said, "I just know. He is it for me. and I'm it for him." I heard the cheer in her voice when describing how they met and just after 10 months they were married. I kept wondering, but HOW do you know? Are there unique signs? Is it a sudden lightning strike of conviction? Or is it something that grows and develops over time?
I know it exists because I have seen it. It's that tangible glow in a someone's eyes when they look at you.
I've always been somewhat cold. I didn't mind being alone. And after years of disappointment in relationships, I think I lost the point of love. I'm still trying to find it, or if there even is a definitive point to the whole idea/feeling/belief.
Maybe love isn't something you have to understand.
I know I love my family, I know I love my friends and I know I love my animals.
Some things you just know.

13 comments:

  1. I wish I could put a finger on what exactly love is, but I think it's different for each person. I met my husband when I was 11 and knew I'd marry him one day. That's rare. And we didn't even start dating until we were 18.

    ReplyDelete
  2. about love,.. i have no answers, only questions. about your fabfreakintastic shoes, & skirt, & autumn leaf loveliness, that i understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is one of those things I don't think us humans will ever be able to fully understand.

    As for your shoes, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing shoes and great photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was lovely to read, at least you're so sure it exists. Some people are still stuck figuring that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you just know. It's a moment that happens :-)

    and about the the lovely photos - that they are! love those shoes and just the whole outfit in general is too cute.

    www.citygirlknows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oxford heels and a leather jacket. Man, THAT is love. I loved your beautiful write-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, I want your heels! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok first off, on the pretty pictures, those shoes.... dear Lord those shoes are beautiful. As far as the love thing goes... I think it's one of those things you know when you find it. Also when you're ready to find it, I'm not there yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love can be something so hard to find... and I won't say it always comes easy. But, you have love b/c you a family that loves you and a bunch of readers who love reading your blog!

    Jen
    www.houseofjeffers.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I think love is different for everyone and that love goes hand in hand with friendship. Maybe it's just another branch of friendship even. I don't know. I'm no philosopher haha.
    I love those shoes you're wearing in this post. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! :)
    and those shoes.

    colourthewhitespaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot add anything or help you with your ponderings on love but I'm happy that I've just found your blog.

    You're very lucky to have been brought up by parents who love each other deeply though. Mine are the same and I'm sure that it's helped to give me a positive view on the possibilities of love - of all sorts, like you say, not just for one other person.

    ReplyDelete

Hello darling! Thanks for commenting! Be sure to tell me when you follow, so I can follow you back! Lots of hugs and kisses, Mod Fox.

Sponsors!